Community Garden Photo Project (part of the 2014 Lilly Congregational Renewal Grant)
Over the next few months, our students are teaming up with the Burmese Community Center for Education to document a whole season, from planting to harvest, in the BCCE’s Community Garden.
And they won’t just be taking pictures. Along the way, they’ll be thinking about what it means to be part of a community and how photographs can tell stories that really need to be heard. They’ll not only develop their own skills, but will also learn to use their talents to help others see things in new ways.
Students will have the opportunity to display their work at an exhibition on Sunday, September 14.
- All students (grades 7-12) are welcome. No sign-up required.
- Equipment will be provided.
- Photos will be taken at designated times (see reverse for schedule) under adult supervision.
- Attendance at all sessions is not necessary or expected. Come when you’re able!
- Parental involvement is welcome and encouraged. Contact Evan Bever, Cheryl Loggins, or Mike Loggins if you want to help!
June 1 End of Year Celebration 5:00-6:30 (Youth Lounge)
June 9 Take Photos 5:30-7:00pm (Garden @ FBC)
June 21 Take Photos 4:00-5:30pm (Garden @ FBC)
June 25 Service Project time TBD (FBC)
July 12 Free Pancake Breakfast, Take Photos 8:30-10:00am (Youth Lounge)
July 13-19 Quest Youth Conference at Green Lake Conference Center
July 27 Parents’ Meeting 11:30am (Youth lounge)
Take, Review Photos, 5:00-6:30pm (Youth Lounge)
August 10 ABY Kick-Off Bonfire 5:00-7:00pm (Youth Lounge)
August 16 Water Wars 5:00-7:00pm (Youth Lounge)
August 17 Weekly ABY Begins 5:00-6:30pm
August 23 Take Photos 4:00-5:30pm
September 14 – Seeing Anew: Photo Exhibition (FBC Atrium)